Sunday, September 03, 2006

Muffin Top

Went into Bra's and Things yesterday in search of some bosom support that did not replicate battle gear. (My dear husband likens my sports bras to war armour) Asked the bra lady if there were any bras that were 'nice' that I could wear under shirts and still have a decent shape.

After trying on a particular style I said "No good, I spill out the sides". Her 20 something respons... "That's what happens when you get old".

After deciding that punching her in the face wasn't the best option (does anyone else have those Ali Mcbeal moments were you visualise something happening to someone but always take the reasonable option???) and asked her "excuse me???" She re-worded her statement and said "Oh, no, that's what happens when you get older". Oh, cause that makes me feel so much better.

After suggesting that perhaps poor fit and not overspill, while a predictor of age, was not the sole cause of my muffin top I tried on another bra and what do you know.... acceptable overspill.

No comments:

Post a Comment