Sunday, April 16, 2006

21 days

Rocky Road made for Easter...soooo yummy....

I have been seeing a dietican for 12 months with the attempt of losing 15 or so kilos. Pretty pathetic that in that 12 months i have lost anywhere up to 7 kilos only to promptly put it back on again. I think one of the scariest aspects of weight loss is that there is no-one else to blame but yourself. My dietician

I chose to not go for a walk (too cold/tired/busy/sick/windy... insert your own word here) I chose to sit and chat with friends on-line (hey keeping the friendship boat afloat is important too), I chose to have that extra piece of pizza/chocolate/biscuit/champagne/hot chips (agian, insert your own word here).

SOOOOOOOOO in attempt to get serious (note here that the little cynical devil angel is sitting on my shoulder with a champagne in one hand and a packet of chips in the other going "yeah right lovey, been hearing that one for 12 months) I am going to make a do-or-die effort.

I have my inspiration in my friends RR (her amazing dedication and commitment, both past an ongoing, to her weight loss. Amsie (a friend who has made enormous changes both personally and professionally and continues to suprise me) and Fiona Wood (2005 Australian of the Year, mother of six, head of the burns unit in Royal Perth Hospital, Professor at the University of Western Australia and a triathlete!!!!).

So as the start of the working week looms close (I know tomorrow is a PH) so too does my path to weight loss and improved fitness. Research has shown it takes 21 days to break a habit. We will see at the end of the 21 days how much my 'habit' has broken....

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:13 PM

    I also struggle with motivation, and when you live with someone that you could set your watch to when it comes to exercise, it puts more pressure on you. I HATE exercise....or more the fact that I hate STARTING to exercise. Once I am into it, I'm ok. I love playing team sports and will play 10 times a week if I can, but going on my own bores me to tears. I guess what I am trying to say is make it fun. Don't do stuff that bores you, and make plans with someone to go with. It's harder if you think that you are letting someone else down.

    Good luck, and remember, at the end of your days when everyone is standing around reflecting over your life, noone is going to be talking about what dress size you wore or what you tipped the scales at. You will be remembered for many more beautiful and important things.

    ReplyDelete