Monday, April 24, 2006

I am the master of my own destiny

Hit me like a ton of bricks today. A realisation, a cold hard fact. As obvious as it may seem and no matter how many times I say it to the kids I finally understood it's true depth of meaning. The only person who can achieve the goals I set for myself is me. I did say it was obvious!

So me and my little mantra went on a walk today with a friend who I have not seen in a long time. With our best intentions and walking shoes on we headed off to Kangaroo Point. Got ourselves a little plan and set the wheels in motion.

I look back at what we use to do not so long ago (12 months) and think yeah we can do that! All 67 steps of Kangaroo Point 12 times - man they are a killer, great workout definelty makes you feel alive... once you start breathing normally again.

I especially love the city run. Works out to be about 10k, followed by some breaky by the river side. It really is the simple things...

I am off to bed with a spring in my step, a mantra to go to sleep too and a great attidude for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment