Tuesday, May 02, 2006

5 a.m. intentions

Went to bed at midnight last night after the neighbours finished their psycho screaming at each other and I had taken two sedatives. Had alarm set for 5 am to go for a jog. Got woken at 3am by a delightful 10 year old who felt he wouldn't have nightmares in our bed. (Edit - you know that what-the-hell-pasty-in-the-mouth-need-to-wee-at-three feeling? Had that going on to0) Tony migrated to Jillian's room. Never made the 5am jog... Got to school, started straight up with lovely year 11's at 8am in the morning. Taught all day, went and hid for lunch, picked up the kids, took Josh to ENT specalist, running 1 1/2 hours late, went to Maccas (anything to get out of the sterile-no-music-5-year-old-magazine-filled-clock-ticking waiting room), picked at the hot chips, coffee machine broken (Soooo not happy now), back to the specalist, 15 minutes and $130 later we head home. Walk in at 7:30 pm. Cooked dinner, said hello to the dogs, kissed the hubby, put kids to bed, watched Survivor (Hello! Nut Case Shane so has to go. Can anyone else see that?????) and here I am at 10pm typing.

I feel like my days consist of constant madness. I am thankful that I do not lead a life of dull existance but Puhlease~ How can I gain control?

I am over "maintaining" my weight. Time to start shifting it baby. I looked in the mirror tonight and wished it didn't look back. I saw a round (not nice and oval) face and a nice Santa belly. (Thankful that I don't have a 360 degree mirror like Trinny and Susannah. God I love that show).

So the day is coming to a close with tomorrow's school work still in my bag and the alarm once again set for 5am.

To my fellow Scrap Tarts (see their blog on my home page). May you have sweet dreams about Cathie's book and we expect to see a scrap lift sometime in the near future. To my Lovely Lady friend, sleep well and get that hubby to massage those feet of yours. To RR thank you as always for your inspiration in all that you do. You truly bring true the saying that it is the little things that count.

To the rest of you who have persisted in reading this enormous wad of text and in the famous words of Johnny Young

Close your eyes and i'll kiss you, Tomorrow i'll miss you; Remember i'll always be true. And then while i'm away, I'll write home ev'ry day, And i'll send all my loving to you.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:23 PM

    It was so nice to read your 5am intentions, you should of been a writer, I myself am having one of those days that has somehow lasted for a week. It is encouraging to know that everyone goes through this and to read it makes you feel alittle more normal and human.

    Keep writing
    YOur lovely friend

    ReplyDelete