Saturday, September 16, 2006

Week in Review

New favourite coffee cup...
WHAT A WEEK!!!!!

Had a Selection Criteria due on Thursday for a job I am desperately keen to get (250 positions for an estimated 2000 applicants). Enlisted about 200 hours (no exaggeration!) trying to get the thing finished. Owe many people bottles of wine. Was horrible to my family, snappy at teachers and the poor kiddies in the classroom didn't quite know what hit them. Who was this strange Mrs Cuskelly? We haven't seen her like this before! We are even too scared to sharpen our pencil... I felt sometimes that Darth Vadar's theme was playing as I walked along the halls of G Block. (ssshhh, don't make eye contact with her!)

After I apologised to the 30 Year 8 faces sitting petrified in front of me one very brave soul tempted fate and said "Oh Mrs Cuskelly, it wasn't what you were saying or that you had no patience for our normal behaviour but it was the looks on your face. You kept giving us 'the look'."

It reminds me of the power of the non verbal things we say. The expressions on our face, the way we hold ourselves, our walk, clothes and little mannerisims that tell people far more than words actually could.

Apart from the SC a fairly typical ensued. Teaching, lesson planning, report cards due, marking assessment, phoning parents, 'chasing' waggers, meetings, taught a photography class, grocery shopped, helped with kids homework and assessment, kept Neurofen in business, had dinner with a friend, found a new favourite song (Over my Head, The Fray) and stayed optimistic that the School Holidays are only 5 days away!



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:48 PM

    You make me exhausted! Hope you enjoy your holidays. K xo

    ReplyDelete