Sunday, January 13, 2008

What's Your Year?



Love, Love, Love this book, this woman's work and reading her blog. Each year, this post gets me thinking. What's my word going to be? I wonder what direction other people would like their year to go in, Was I true to my word last year?
Peace was my focus for 2007 and I believe it to be a year that I learnt more about my inner peace and harmony than any other. So yes, I was true to my word last year.
At this moment in my life I feel a little like Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi (save for the crazy father and robot friend). Frustrated at Yoda for trying to teach strength, perseverance and self belief when the impatience and sense of defeat often overwhelms. Yoda's words of "Do or do not. There is no try" form my foundation for my 2008 focus; take control.
No more excuses, poor time management, excess 'playing' in front of the computer, obscenely late nights, buying that 'must have' item, no more of those little, but significant bad habits. It is time to take control.
Kath's blog had a quote which I love.... "There are years that ask questions and years that answer" What word will be your focus for 2008?
Peace and Love to you all
Briohny
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow great thoughts for 2008. I love love lvoe that book too.

    ReplyDelete