Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Why Do You Do It?



Scrapbooking for me has become somewhat of a 'sigh' event. You know those things in your life that you sigh when you are doing them? Dishes, dinners, cleaning the house... scrapbooking has become that for me. Don't get me wrong I still LOVE LOVE LOVE scrapbooking but I'm not lovin so much doing the scrapbooking. Make sense to anyone else but me?

Maybe I analyse the process to much, maybe I've lost my mojo, maybe time is a factor. Tell me, why do you scrapbook? Do your kids look at the pages you have done? I read the articles and blogs that talk about creating family heirlooms and wonder if that is what I am really doing. My kids show a vague interest in the pages.

Maybe I scrapbook knowing that it will be my great, great, great grandchildren that will look at the pages and reminisce what life was like 'way back then'. Is that what it is? Do we scrapbook not for our immediate families but those that are to come?

So in an attempt to not be so analytical or critical I am exploring other crafts. I've got the trusty sewing machine out all inspired to create something all Etsy. Here and Here are my sources of inspiration and the multitude of links attached.

I'm hoping from here, that my love of 'doing' the scrapbooking will once again be rekindled. I'm off to refamiliarise myself with my grass roots, a bit of Ali and Elsie love I'm thinkin....

2 comments:

  1. I go through stages of finding it really hard to get motivated to scrapbook. My two children really love looking through all the albums that I've scrapbooked for them now and then...but you know what - I really believe that when they are all grown up then that's when they will appreciate their albums the most.
    I also scrapbook because it's a hobby and I find it nice and relaxing to sit down and put a page together. I also do lots of other crafts though (sewing etc..) and I think rotating these with the scrapbooking helps keep me motivated.
    Oh and thankyou very much for linking me in your sidebar :)
    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and by the way, your pages are really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete