Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Just a Tinge...



We're leaving together, But still it's farewell....It's the final countdown.


On Monday night, the year 10s had their Dinner Dance (semi-formal). This was the first group of year 8s that I was a year 8 coordinator for. So, it was with some sadness that I sat and watched them dance, laugh, talk and have a great time and think that I won't be able to share this with them any more. That I am trading the young adult conversations for a different group of children... *sigh* :(


It is nights like this that I have tinges of sadness for leaving.


In the words of Dr Seuss...


So... be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray

or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,

You're off to great places!

Today is your day!

Your mountain is waiting

So...get on your way!



You are all beautiful... Thank you for reinforcing the fact that girls (and guys) like you are the reason for me loving my job as a teacher.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:16 AM

    Love the photos, did you take them and are they your students.
    It is always sad to say goodbye to a part of your life that has been your everyday for quite sometime, but I'm sure in no time at all your heart will be one over by some little treasures.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant photos B. I'm sure you will be feeling a bit sad. Endings are like that. New beginnings are very exciting though. Congrats again on your new job. Enjoy the chaos of the last days of school. peace and love, kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete