Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy Days


Three weeks of school left! YAY! Actually it is 10 teaching days and 5 alternative educational program days. I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Now for my news...

I was successful in my application for the Head of Curriculum positions that are being introduced into primary schools. Yes, you read right. I am hanging up my secondary teaching chalk board and heading to the littlies in primary. Am I scared? uummm.... no, no way. Having 28, 13 year old boys in a classroom after big lunch is scary. It is actually something that I am very keen to do. I will miss the older kids terribly. I received such a lovely gift on Friday from some of my year 11 girls that tugged the heart strings a bit. Buuttt.... as I said to them, I need to do what is important for me and they will be making these kind of decisions soon too. It might not be on such a grand scale as a employment change, but things like subject selections, formal dresses and where to stay at schoolies are all very, very, very important decisions for a 16 year old. So I will be spending the last week of school packing my things into the back of the wagon and waving farewell to the gates of my school for the last time. I am really, really, really, really excited and so desperately keen to start my new job. Thank you to all of you who gave me well wishes. Special thanks to my hubby who put up with endless "what if's". Extra special thanks to my lovely lady Miss D for all her patience and guidance.

On a different note, Tony is teaching year 4 next year. He is looking foward to it and hopefully this will be the last room change for him for sometime. It means new units, new resources, new room, but he did year 4 on his final prac so I know (and so does he) that he will be fine.

Jillian has had chicken pox all week (see photo) so the lovely little thing has been cooped up inside staring longlingly at the park across the road. We let her out on Friday and she ran, and ran, and ran... Then she just sat in the sun "because she could".

Josh is doing what boys do, sleeping, eating, arguing, loving their mums, eating some more, hanging out on the couch, riding his bike...

We are all very happy...

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:04 AM

    Know you will be great!
    K xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:11 PM

    I'm sure you'll enjoy the littles more than you might think. What a exciting year ahead of you.
    Jilly doesn't look to good, the poor little saus.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete