Friday, December 22, 2006

Grinchmas


Ok, Ok, Ok, We, that would be my DH and me, are the first to readily admit that we are not really, actually, not at all Christmas people! Yes, yes I know, I have heard all the "but's..." before.

In fact, one of our all time favourite movies is the Grinch. We didn't even have a Christmas tree, until last night. No tinsel in this house, pretty coloured lights, snow flakes (please we are in QLD and it is summer), Wreaths on the door or any other Christmas thingymajigs that encompass the commercial christmas.

BUT!!!! Last night we relented. We purchased a small christmas tree, one set of lights and a star to adorn the top branches. AND.... I even started a little tradition. Just a little one and it will be only one... I purchased each of us a christmas ornament for the tree. So with our lights and our small tree there are 4 lovely little ornaments. And you know what? It brought a little smile to my face...

Who knows maybe next year, we may even get that wreath for the front door. BUT there will be NO christmas carols!

Love and Happiness to you all

Briohny xxx

1 comment:

  1. LOL - Bah, Humbug! :) :) (You'd better not come to my house - we have *two* trees LOL )

    R xx

    ReplyDelete