Friday, January 05, 2007

Changes


We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.

Edith Lovejoy Pierce


2006, was by far the most challenging year I have had so far. I am glad to say, that although I have learnt depths about myself and my family, I am not sorry to see it gone.


Change was the common theme of 2006, and alot of it. Always big, significant, challenging changes too. We ended renting and bought a house, I found new firm friends and lost a couple along the way. My relationship with Joshua's father became more accepting and less conflict loaded, I turned 30 and was happy with what I had accomplished with my life so far, I set some goals that are selfish and I don't care. I ended at one school and am beginning at another, I am not classroom teaching but beginning a new defining and exciting stage of my career. I went from long hair to short. Found the source of my 8 year struggle with calf injuries. My computer crashed, twice, and neither time I had backed up. I sorted true friends from true associates, understood and learnt to love my children in a different way, reached a different level of companionship and friendship with my husband, took alot of personal criticism and comfortably worked towards minimising these 'flaws', found new facets of me, and above all, through these challenges and blocks I came out on top with a satisfied mind.

1 comment:

  1. It's been a big year B. Profound personal growth is exhausting, but rewarding. Enjoy the fresh start. peace and love xxxx

    ReplyDelete