Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Do you 52?






Love this challenge set by the divine Emily A deck of cards, a few thought provoking comments, a whole 12 months and you got yourself a ready made year in review.


Week 1's challenge was Something you are proud of. I selected 'I am proud of the direction my life is taking'. Things are good. I have a new job which is just so very exciting, I adore my husband, and my kids add an element of humaness to our lives.
Week 2's challenge was What is Powerful to you. Answered this one fairly easily... My job. Not a day goes by when I am working that I am aware of the importance of my role as a teacher. I have the ability to determine what these children's educational lives will be like and what perceptions they may hold about the world and themselves. This is, indeed a very powerful role to me.
Week 3's challenge related to I am. Found this one a little tougher as I wanted it to be pertinant to the recent events of my life. I also did not want it to be a card of affirmation. You know the standard (yet not to be diminished) me, happy, loved.... So I chose the statement, 'I am learning to say no'. This holds particular significance to me. I am learning to say "no" to things I do not really want to do. I am learning to say "no" so I do not stretch myself again. I am learning to say "no" so I can say "yes" to my family and myself more. More importantly, I am learning to say "no" and not feel guilty.
Thanks Emily for sharing this great idea.

9 comments:

  1. Love your cards! Really like the one with the flower petals...also like what you chose to say! Saying "No" is something that I need to learn sometimes too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your cards I love the way you work outside of them thimk I'm a little anal like mine to fit in little plastic envelopes maybe i'll branch out

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your cards! they are gorgeous and packed with personality! so glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards! Especially the "learning to say no"
    Oh and YUM!!! I feel like Rocky Road now that i've looked at your blog!! lol!
    Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome - love the cards esp. the ...learning to say no!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful....each card is chock full of eye candy! but i especially love the flower & the lace & the ribbon on the "i am". thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi B, your cards are gorgeous! Good for you for sticking with it. Hope you post your card every week. You're an amazing woman - thoughtful, motivated, self aware and inspiring. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete