Saturday, March 31, 2007

Pigs are Pigs... and there are chickens too




Pigs are Pigs...
This is a book Jillian brought home from the library. Couldn't decide whether it was sending a good message or not. By the end of the book, I had to giggle as I empathised with the Pig. Basically the story follows a weight loss journey of a pig. He goes to a gym but gets scared off by all the fit gym bunnies and the overcrowded sweaty aerobics room. He then reflects and rationalises that some very important people aka Sumo Wrestlers are 'fat'. At that point he decides that he is going to stay just the way he is - see the bottom photo. Hilarious I tell ya!

And then there are chickens....
Jillian came home last weekend from a friends house with these!!!!!!
Between the two cats and two dogs that we currently have we had to say a firm "No". We are not becomming Noah's Ark. One of the teachers at school 'adopted' them. So tute, so fluffy, so tasty for the cats who continued to prowl the cage we had them in....


New traditions....
Every morning Tony and I have taken to having our morning coffee out the front sitting in the gutter. Watching people pass us by with their dogs, listening to the birds, watching the sky change as the sun says hello and then there is us, me in my nightie and hair a fright (giggle) and Tony in his grandpa pants and slippers!!!! It has become our quiet time before the chaos begins.



2 comments:

  1. That book sounds so funny, must look for it at the Library.
    How could you resist those cute little fluffy chicks?? I suppose the cats don't have any trouble at all, lol.
    I'd love to see you & your beloved in their finest first thing in the morning, what a lovely dose if reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hilarious story. I guess I'm a pig too! I'm scared off by skinny bunnies too. ;)

    The chicks are gorgeous. Shame that chicks often become roosters. We have hens and I love them. Love the cluck, cluck, cluck in the mornings.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete