Monday, May 21, 2007

Senses Overload

Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some
potent power to make us
think things we like to think.
Robert Henri
A day that started out 'nice' turned into fabulous by lunch time. You know those places you're at where everything and everyone seems to fit perfectly right into that moment in time?
I finished my conference Saturday lunch time. Met Tony at Pacific Fair and had a divinely made cup of tea, not too hot, too strong not too milky, just perfect. Strolled across to Broadbeach and meandered along the beach to Surfers. Lots of people on the beach just hanging out, some swimming, some playing cricket, some just enjoying being outside, lots to see, feel and smell.
Strolled through Surfers, picked out a new toe ring, walked back along to beach to Broadbeach where there was a blues concert playing at the surf club. Just awesome music to be sitting on the beach at sunset listening to. The only thing missing was a glass of champagne and some candles for the sand.
It was just an all round great day. I love the beach, I love the colour of the water at sunset, the always happy people hanging out, the sand on my feet. Just wanted to sit, soak it all up and store it in my memory forever.
Anyway.... Miss Rach (thanks lovey) has tagged me
1. Four of my favourite jobs
I'm taking this one as four favourite jobs that I would love to have, considering, my previous employments either send me into a state of mild panic reaching for some dark corner to hide in. So my four favourite jobs would have to be working on Getaway, teaching in Fiji international school, Author and teaching (yes, my current job which I love).
2. Four of my favourite local places
Ok, so see introduction to this post.... the beach, Southbank (great minds hey Rach), my home, Wellington Point
3. Four of my favourite foods
Oh gawd! Just 4????? I LOVE food... A well cooked steak with beer battered chips and a Corona, Thai, Caesar Salad, Fresh Tropical Fruit Salad (all exquisite fruits, no apples or grapes please!)
4. Four of my favourite international places
This is places that one day i WILL go to. Bali, Tibet, Kruger National Park, Milford Sound, Canada, Thailand, Mexico, Bora Bora, Machu Picchu, Dubai, Too many amazing places to see....
5. Four name's of people I am tagging
oh and that's it.
Thanks Rach

1 comment:

  1. Your day sounds like it was complete bliss!!! Love it when we have days lie that :)
    Thanks for the tag too, lovely that you thought of me xx

    ReplyDelete