Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Reminders

I can multi-task. In fact I prefer to multi-task. It's just at times all those spinning plates lose momentum and balance and crash to the ground. When this happens, my multi-tasking skills turn to moosh and I end up with half completed but ever growing to-do lists, incomplete jobs and a messy office.

In an attempt to avoid this ineffective 'multi-tasking' the new word on the canvas is 'one thing'. It's a pretty in-your-face reminder to focus on the one thing that I should be working on. Forget the moments of 'must remember to do that' that pop into your day - that's what post-it notes are for. Granted my office may end up looking like this

But, the goal is, by staying focused on the 'one thing' that is occuping my mind and my time in that moment I should be able to highlight more off the list to be done, be less stressed and 'nicer' to be around!

I am hoping that 'one thing' will lead to 'many things'.

No comments:

Post a Comment