Monday, July 10, 2006

Not just for kids


I love kids story books. I get as much enjoyment from reading my favourite kids books as reading novels. The ones above I strongly recommend you read.

The first is an absolute must for EVERYBODY! It is a Dr Seuss book called Oh, The Places You'll Go! See the random thought this week for a small part of it. It is about the ups and downs in life.

The next is a book that is just lovely. Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mem Fox is a story about a boy who is trying to find out what a memory is because a lady in the old people's home he visits has 'lost' hers.

The last book is by Graham Base, possibly one of the best author illustrators there is. The book is called Jungle Drums. Accepting differences is the theme.

So, take the time from your busy adult lives and grab a children's book to read. I think, you will be pleasantly suprised by some of the stories, and lessons, that are on those pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment