Thursday, February 15, 2007

All Growing Up.

It was with a tinge (well okay a great big giant gulp) of sadness that I swallowed my protective mother side and tried to be a supportive objective mum.

Josh came home today and asked for a 'private' conversation in his room. After he shut the door, I thought "oh God, we are going to have the penis-is-changing-pubic-hair talk". Instead
I got a "I got asked out by a girl today and I don't know what to say" problem.

Do you know what his response was? "I will get back to you tomorrow, after I check with mum" That a boy! After a discussion about what he wants to do and not do, and the no kissing or hand holding (hey, he is only 11) speal from me, he came to a well thought out decision and response. One that as mum I am very proud of and as a girl I think is a great answer.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:58 PM

    It gets worse! OMG it gets worse!! LoL. K xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart boy to get his mum's advice. But eek! Thinking about those talks to come scares the beejeezus out of me. You're doing a great job. xxxx

    ReplyDelete